We’re a fast growing startup that has already raised close to €10 million in investment from leading venture capital firms, and have been named by Bloomberg as one of the 50 most promising startups in the world to look out for. Our goal is to revolutionize the world of Location Management and the way businesses think about, and act upon location data.
At Geoblink we use the latest technologies to find solutions to real world problems businesses face when trying to expand or increase efficiency. We leverage GIS technologies and Big Data to create a beautiful map-based user interface that not only provides lots of awesome statistics but also a great user experience.
We are proud of the environment of collaboration and diversity we have built and continue to foster, with plenty of opportunities to have a real impact on the business.
About the role
We are offering a 6 month internship in our Madrid office for passionate grads or soon-to-be grads.The internship will involve you in our Datalab team, which is focused on solving real problems for specific clients based on data. You would be working closely with super smart Data Scientists and Engineers from places like CERN, PwC, Accenture or top consulting firms who will teach you everything there is to know about web scraping, data cleansing and data analysis.
If you would like to gain more experience in data manipulation and learn how to be an awesome data scientist… Keep reading!
The type of tasks would be quite broad, from scraping web pages to extract relevant data, to build sql code to insert/retrieve information from our clients, and perform different types of data analysis, from exploratory data analysis to complex prediction models. On a day-to-day basis, we believe that as DS intern your week will involve:
- Enrichment of our database of points of interest and points of sales: master techniques of web scraping, manage exclusive providers of spatial data.
- Create ad-hoc solutions for our clients to take the most of Geoblink platform: creating/loading specific data, map layers or indicators for them.
- Analysis of the most extensive and complete spatial database to understand the retail ecosystem and consumer's behaviour patterns.
- To be curious, eager to learn not only from your team but from everybody in the company, to become the best professional you can be.
This internship is suitable for you if:
- You are a final year student or graduate with a degree in Computer Science, Engineering or similar.
- You like facing challenging problems, and use your analytical capabilities and critical thinking to solve them.
- You have a big desire to learn and improve your skills as a data scientist practitioner.
- You have some experience with Python. You are able to use and write functions, and classes, and you want to learn more patterns in Python.
- You have some experience analysing data with Python. You have used libraries like Pandas and scikit learn.
- You have performed some projects, maybe some Kaggle challenge or some personal projects, so you know the main steps of data analysis, and you would like to go deeper and develop full data projects for real clients.
- You have good understanding of Statistics, including probability theory, or understanding of how most common machine learning techniques work: such as decision trees or clustering algorithms.
- You have some experience with SQL queries. You understand the different types of joins and you know when to choose the correct one. And you would like to gain more experience to build the most efficient queries, working with CTE, window functions or more complex functionalities.
- You have used Linux systems before and you won’t struggle playing through a command line.
- You have a good knowledge of English and German.
It would be a huge plus if you know anything about web scraping, and Git or other version control systems.
Why work for Geoblink?
We operate a “zero-policy” which means there are no restrictions on vacation days, office hours, working from home as much as you like, etc. We believe everyone here is a “mini-CEO”, and should have the opportunity to make their own decisions about their work schedule.
Everyone at Geoblink is passionate about their job, whether it be growing business ROI or building complex data systems. People join us not just for the flexibility that we offer but because we have worked hard to foster a collaborative environment filled with plenty of opportunities to have a real impact in the business and collaborate with smart peers.
We also offer the following:
- No restrictions on vacation days, office hours, working from home days, etc. You manage your own work schedule responsibly.
- Hybrid WFH Work Model: you choose where to work, whether at home or in the office.
- Plenty of training initiatives to help your career progression.
- Start-up culture with fun initiatives and company events for all to enjoy
Geoblink is passionate about creating an inclusive culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our employees.
Everyone is welcome and we don’t discriminate on the basis of any protected characteristic including race, religion or beliefs, gender or gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status, or disability.
We want to facilitate everyone in bringing their best to our interviews, so if there are any adjustments we can make for our process to be more inclusive, please let our team know.