We're a fast growing startup that have already raised close to $8 million in investment from leading venture capital firms, and were named by Bloomberg as one of the 50 most promising startups in the world to look out for.
Our goal is to revolutionise the world of Retail Intelligence and the way businesses think about, and act upon data. Getting to that goal means solving some of the most meaningful problems for businesses at present. It takes us a lot of determination, innovation and support from and for our colleagues.
Now we are once again opening the Geoblink Internship Program and looking for a bright individual who is passionate about using data to deliver great analyses, insights and predictive models. So if you are looking for an internship where you will learn new tech skills, work with Python frameworks and real data from a wide variety of sources you have come to the right place!
- Solid background on Statistics: probability, distribution fitting, data analysis.
- Experience with Object Oriented Programming in Python.
- Some previous experience using Pandas package loading and manipulating data in Python.
- Some experience writing SQL queries to retrieve data from databases.
- Comfortable working under a Linux distribution (such as Ubuntu).
- Extra kudos if you have experience with GIT as version control system.
- Experience using scikit-learn library is not required but appreciated.
What you can expect from Internship
As Data Science Intern, you will be part of a team called Datalab, responsible for answering business questions vital to our clients, based on data. Geoblink relies on a large amount of spatial datasets to model urban behaviour, which can be used to make decisions such as where are my competitors? which is the best location for a new site? which features are driving my sales? Is my point of sale under/overperforming with respect to its potential?
Some of your duties as intern would be:
- Enrichment of our database of points of interest and points of sales: master techniques of web scraping, manage exclusive providers of spatial data.
- Create ad-hoc solutions for our clients to take the most of Geoblink platform: creating/loading specific data, map layers or indicators for them.
- Analysis of the most extense and complete spatial database to understand the retail ecosystem and consumer's behaviour patterns.
- Mathematical modelling to answer business question in retail through extense spatial datasets.
- Learn as much as you can.
Why work for Geoblink?
We operate a “zero-policy” which means there are no restrictions on vacation days, office hours, working from home days, etc. We believe everyone here is a “mini-CEO”, and should have the opportunity to make their own decisions about their work schedule.
Everyone at Geoblink is passionate about their job, whether it be growing businesses ROI or building complex data systems. People join Geoblink not just for the flexibility that we offer but because we have worked hard to foster a collaborative environment filled with plenty of opportunity to have a real impact in the business and collaborate with some of the best minds in the industry.
- Plenty of training initiatives to help your career progression
- Unlimited coffee, team, soft drinks, fruit etc
- Plenty of chill-out space with the typical start-up ping-pong table and office yoga
- Plenty of quiet space for you to work in peace to produce your best work
- The greatest start-up culture with fun initiatives and company events for all to enjoy.
- Remote working allowed
Location: Glorieta de Quevedo 6, Madrid
Duration: Minimum 3 months
Internship Type: Full-time
Start date: July (ideally)