Geoblink is a fast-growing startup that has already raised close to $10 million in investment from leading venture capital firms and was named by Bloomberg as one of the 50 most promising startups in the world! Our goal is to revolutionize how businesses in the Retail ecosystem drive their strategy utilizing Location Intelligence. We leverage GIS technologies, Big Data and advanced analytics to create a beautiful map-based user interface that not only provides lots of awesome statistics but also a great experience for our users.
About our Tech
Our systems are built using an SOA approach that allows us to deploy multiple times on a given day. We ❤️ monitoring, pull requests, iterative approaches, continuous integration, and automated testing. We move fast but put a lot of thought into the design of our architecture and data processes so that they are simple and scalable. We write clean, and modular code to produce great software and accurate insights that solve the needs of our clients.
Our front-end Stack
You can take a look at our full stack in our Stackshare page.
We have high standards not just for the things we build, but also for our culture and the development of the people in our team. We foster an inclusive atmosphere of humbleness and respect, where ideas are shared and feedback is used to promote quality and innovation. Some initiatives we have in place are
Hackathons twice a year, bi-weekly tech talks, personal development budget for books, training, conferences and time for side projects every other Friday.
About the position
The team that you will join is responsible for our user-facing app, from the most visual components to the database structure and pipelines to ingest client data. The team is composed of several Backend and Frontend Engineers.
We conduct extensive integration tests. We love going the extra mile and looking for continuous improvements as we believe great isn’t good enough. You will be faced with many challenging but interesting problems, pull requests and technical challenges all while working with super friendly colleagues.
Although the position is for Frontend, as the whole stack is in JS, you can do some backend and devops tasks from time to time if you want to broaden your skills.
Some challenges you will find working at Geoblink:
- Creating reusable components for our Design System, from a simple button to a complex reactive graph written with D3.js.
- Apply deep computer and network's knowledge to enhance the performance of large scale data visualizations, sometimes in ways that no one has ever done before, having to research those greenfield problems.
- To know whether to apply different frontend architecture approaches and patterns (understand their perks, their flaws and be able to choose the best fits).
- Implement clean and glitch-free motion design animations.
- Define and drive the best software development/engineering and operational practices for the team.
We are looking for someone with:
- An analytical mindset. You are able to split problems into seizable components, that are extendable and adaptable to future complications or modifications of the requirements.
- Leadership skills who can understand new problems, design technical solutions and lead the implementation of the project.
- Good understanding of CSS. You can explain Flexbox to a kid and you know five ways to center text in a div.
Why work for Geoblink
Everyone at Geoblink is passionate about their job, whether it be growing business ROI or building complex data systems. People join us not just for the flexibility that we offer but because we have worked hard to foster a collaborative environment filled with plenty of opportunities to have a real impact in the business and collaborate with smart peers. We care a lot about allowing people to grow, to step up, trying, failing and learning so you can feel proud and responsible of what you are doing. But it doesn't end in our culture, we also offer the following perks:
- Company shares and a competitive and fair salary based on your experience
- Plenty of training initiatives to help your career progression
- Annual personal budget for you to spend on developing yourself (online courses, conferences, training, etc)
- Flexible remuneration: subsidized restaurant tickets, transport tickets, private healthcare and childcare
- No restrictions on vacation days, office hours, working from home days, etc. You manage your own work schedule responsibly
- Chill-out space with the typical start-up ping-pong table and the occasional office yoga session
- Start-up culture with fun initiatives and company events for all to enjoy
- Unlimited coffee, tea, soft drinks, fruit, etc
Geoblink is passionate about creating an inclusive culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our employees.
Everyone is welcome and we don’t discriminate on the basis of any protected characteristic including race, religion or beliefs, gender, nationality, age, sexual orientation, marital status, or disability.
We want to facilitate everyone in bringing their best to our interviews, so if there are any adjustments we can make for our process to be more inclusive, please let our team know.